On the hunt for a suitable marquetry project and looking through some old pictures, I found this black and white photo of my wife (taken by her boyfriend at the time). I liked the pose and the way the light broke across her face and clothes. Realising that the background would detract from this, I cropped the picture and deleted the background altogether, replacing it with a moody piece of American gum veneer. The hair was mainly pieces of walnut veneer. I was pleased with the result as there is a good harmony overall. In this instance, I didn't want to use coloured veneers. Rather using natural veneers to let the wood tell the story. As usual, I made the picture using the window method, which works well for me. I often believe that one of the most skilful parts of creating marquetry is choosing the right subject as well as the most suitable veneers. On the next video, I will demonstrate this once more.